Yonsei Sangnam Institute of Management

Logo & Links

Main Menu

Visa/Alien Registration


Visitors entering the Republic of Korea (ROK) must hold a valid passport and visa to enter the country. Nationals of visa waiver or visa-free countries may enter the country without a visa for tourism purposes only. For any other purposes, such as employment or education, proper visas are required. Nationals of non-visa waiver countries must apply for visas at the nearest Korean embassy or consulate prior to entering the ROK.

Nationals of the following countries are allowed to enter and stay in ROK for up to 30 days of visa-free sojourn for tourism or visitation.

International Programs
Asia Macau (90 days), Brunei, Saudi Arabia, Arab Emirates, Yemen, Oman, Japan (90 days), Qatar, Taiwan, Hong Kong (90 days), Kuwait, Bahrain (90 days) [12 countries]
United States (90 days), Canada (6 months) [2 countries]
Guyana, Guatemala, Argentina, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay [6 countries]
Europe Monaco, Vatican, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania, Cyprus, San Marino, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia (90 days), Andorra, Croatia [11 countries]
Oceania Guam, Nauru, New Caledonia, Micronesia, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Kiribati, Fiji, Australia (90 days), Marshall Islands, Palau, Tuvalu, Tonga [13 countries]
Africa South Africa, Seychelles, Mauritius, Swaziland, Egypt [5 Countries]

For more information related to immigrations, please refer to the official website of the Korea Immigration Service.

Website: http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/main_en.pt
Immigration contact center: 1345 (without area code)

Applying for an Alien Registration Card (ARC)

Foreigners staying in Korea for more than 90 days must register at a local immigration office within 90 days from the date of entry. Simply receiving your visa is not the last step to registration, and those with visas must receive an ARC to finalize their sojourn documentation. It is illegal to stay in Korea for more than 90 days without being registered, regardless of your visa at entry.

Information below will help you prepare for your ARC application. However, supplementary materials could be requested by an immigration officer. Please be sure to check for the most recent information at (http://hikorea.go.kr) before your visit, or by calling the immigration hotline at 1345 (no area code needed).

Required Documents

  • Application Form
  • Passport
  • 1 Color Head Shot Photo (3.5x4.5 cm)
  • Application Fee

It takes approximately 7-10 business days for the Immigration Office to process the application. Applicants must leave their passport with the Immigration Office during this period and the office will return it when the application process is completed. If the Alien Registration Card is lost, stolen, mutilated, or destroyed; if the applicant needs to change any information on the certificate; or if the certificate runs out of spaces for additional information or changes, the applicant must return to the Immigration Office and apply for re-issuance or change the certificate within 14 days.

More information, please visit http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/InfoDetailR_en.pt

Display Page Loading Image

Loading ...

Loading ...